Friday, October 21, 2011

Treasure Quest

Zeus - The ROV used by the Odyssey Marine Exploration team to explore the ocean floor

The recent announcement that there is over $250 million of silver at the bottom of the ocean has peaked my interest in treasure hunting.  Apparently there are over one hundred shipwrecks containing an estimated value of at least $50 million.  What the what?!

Looking back at my childhood I had no dreams of being anything.  But if I had, I would have dreamed of hunting treasure.  I've spent hundreds of hours watching the Discovery Channel, only to be left at the end of the hour with questions unanswered.  I owe my unabashed love for television to the Discovery Channel.  A lot of TV's content is trash but I knew I'd never see these places in real life.  Not having cable I'm once again behind the curve as I just discovered the Discovery Channel program, Treasure Quest.  With the first season available on Netflix I watched all thirteen episodes in the last three days.

5 reasons Treasure Quest is totally awesome:
1.  YOU SEE TREASURE!!!
2.  Now that I think about that's enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment