Thursday, October 6, 2011

What is Art?

In an earlier post I mentioned liking films that question the fine art community.  In case you wanted to watch a couple I suggest...

Teri Horton with her thrift shop find.
Who the #$&% Is Jackson Pollack?, is a documentary about Teri Horton, a retired long haul trucker, and a piece of art she purchased for $5.00.  

Marla Olmstead...poor kid.
My Kid Could Paint That, is a documentary that questions if a toddler is a prodigy, if her father is a fraud, and why the value of the pieces in question are dependent on the maker.

Orson Welles', F is for Fake, questions who decides, what is art?  I got half way through it before deciding it was too much Orson Welles.  But some people can't get enough of him, so there you go.

*
To read my aforementioned post click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment